Sharing Dance Older Adults Community Classes allow organizations in a variety of settings to engage their community through dance. Organizations including retirement homes, long-term care centres, libraries, and community centres can purchase this program and gain access to a term of progressive classes designed to bring the joy and benefits of dance to older adults. Classes are designed to have an on-site facilitator present.
This series of classes is danced in both a seated and standing position and designed to be accessible for people with mild physical and/or cognitive challenges. The Autumn 2021 term begins October 14.
This package includes:
- Access to the Autumn 2021 term of seated classes (eight 45 minute seated classes)
- Classes are progressive and released on a weekly basis to incorporate feedback from participating organizations
- Access to a 30-minute facilitator training module
- Access to six 20-minute Dance At Home classes to help your organization remain flexible should there be a need to pause group programming
- A high-quality, professionally led dance program made accessible to older adults in your community.
- Aims to support overall physical, emotional and social wellbeing through
- Aims to build and develop skill and confidence in dance movement for older adults with varying levels of physical and cognitive abilities
- Use of video-streaming technology maintains a high caliber of program content delivery by NBS dance experts and ensures consistency and quality
Learn more: https://www.nbs-enb.ca/en/community-dance/baycrest-nbs-sharing-dance-seniors
Organizations that rent the Autumn Term of Community Classes between November 8, 2021 at 12 p.m. EST and December 17, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. EST will automatically be entered for a chance to win a free iPad! For full contest rules and regulations, please see https://www.nbs-enb.ca/sharingdance-oa-contestrules